Friday, January 29, 2010

A Primer on Principles of Priesthood Government

This week as I was studying the material for my Institute class on Section 107 of the Doctrine and Covenants, I literally stumbled upon a resource that I want to share.

The information is taken from excerpts of a talk given at a training session of the General Authorities at general conference, April 1992, by Elder Boyd K. Packer. It was later published in the Ensign Magazine in February, 1993. It is titled, “What Every Elder Should Know- and Every Sister as Well: A Primer on Principles of Priesthood Government.”

I love the opening statement of the address, “Because elders cannot receive the fulness of the blessings of the priesthood without the sisters, it was thought the sisters, too, could benefit” from the information contained in the training session.

I (with the help of my mom and her fancy printer) actually made this talk into a “scripture” size pamphlet so it could be easily added to a set of scriptures. My hope is that my students will use it as a reference, or guide, whenever the need might arise. I plan on adding it to my own scriptures as “modern day scripture” from a modern day prophet.

I hope you find the information helpful too.

Click here for the link.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I stumbled upon this talk/article a few months ago and have kept it close for easy reference. As you mentioned, excellent resource! (As your blog buddy, I think you need to share one of those "scripture-sized" copies with me.) Your institute students are so blessed to have you as their instructor.