Wednesday, February 4, 2009

S.Michael Wilcox Speaks On The Abrahamic Covenant

As if you have not had enough of me writing about the Abrahamic Covenant, I decided to post the following link:

S. Michael Wilcox in his 1998 Ensign article titled, The Abrahamic Covenant gives one of the most comprehensive discourses on the subject I have seen in one place.

Wilcox stresses the fact that we are given patriarchal blessings solely to distinguish our lineage, as one from the house of Abraham. This lineage allows for each of us as his children, or descendants, to collect on the promises made to him, our father. It is a wonderful transition to the revelation given in Section 2 of the Doctrine and Covenants which is literally the very next teaching the prophet Joseph Smith receives following his First Vision.

I hope you enjoy the article as much as I did!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Thank for posting this informative review of the insights of Michael Wilcox.