Friday, June 5, 2009

Green Pastures

Yesterday was an amazing study day for me. I had the opportunity to study the Old Testament with some dear friends in the morning, which spilled into the afternoon. Then I spent the day researching “Spiritual Gifts” so that I could share some insights, through the spirit, with my dear friends in Institute class. Finally in the evening I got the joy of facilitating a discussion on Section 46 in the Doctrine and Covenants.

Last night was one of those amazing times when the spirit simply taught the class and we were all edified together. How I love those wonderful Young Single Adults and the beautiful spirit they bring to class each week. The insights that they so freely share add to the learning experience and make for a perfect place to “lie down in green pastures.”

Perhaps the strong spiritual guidance was in part due to the subject matter of spiritual gifts itself. We felt first hand the gift of learning given to us through the spirit.

Elder Bruce R. McConkie taught “Where spiritual things are concerned, as pertaining to all of the gifts of the Spirit, with reference to the receipt of revelation, the gaining of testimonies, and the seeing of visions, in all matters that pertain to godliness and holiness and which are brought to pass as a result of personal righteousness in all these things men and women stand in a position of absolute equality before the Lord. He is no respecter of persons nor of sexes, and he blesses those men and those women who seek him and serve him and keep his commandments.”

Feeling extremely blessed today, I am just going to “chew my cud” and write about what we actually were taught tomorrow.

No comments: